From 2018 to 2020, University Baptist Church (UBC) experienced remarkable growth, with membership and weekly attendance increasing by over 250%. As the congregation expanded, the need for adequate space became a primary focus. In 2021, the church launched the Make Him Known initiative, which was an endeavor to reinforce the church’s disciple-making mission and included funding for constructing a new worship center and expanding the current facility. During the spring of 2022, University Baptist Church broke ground for the construction of a new 19,000 square-foot worship center.
UBC was committed to using technology to better connect with people and to spread the gospel.
In 2022, UBC selected Ambient Productions to install a new AVL system in their Beavercreek campus.
Our team orchestrated a comprehensive outfitting of UBC’s new worship center. We began by partnering with architects in the design process and walked through the entire building and process with the church leadership. We provided custom solutions to meet all of their AVL needs and trained their volunteers and staff on all their new systems.
Ambient Productions employed the following Audio, Video & Lighting (AVL) services before and during this project. We are still involved today with ongoing maintenance.
- Planning – Listened to the vision of the leadership and began proposing custom AVL solutions.
- Designing – Worked with architects to maximize aesthetic and acoustic design.
- Infrastructure – Worked alongside other contractors to install an infrastructure to handle the proposed systems (electrical work, pulling cable, installing rigging points, etc.)
- Installation – Implemented the proposed systems along the timeline of the project.
- Tuning – Fine tuned the audio, video and lighting systems to accommodate the new venue.
- Training – Trained staff and volunteers to be competent users of the new systems.
AVL Solutions at UBC
In the dynamic world of church services, audio-visual and lighting play pivotal roles in enhancing the worship experience. For UBC, achieving the right balance of visual spectacle and auditory clarity was of paramount importance. Drawing from top-tier vendors, our tailored approach ensured that every sermon, song, and sacred moment resonated beautifully, both visually and audibly. Below, we outline the key systems and vendors instrumental in this transformation.
Drawing from our long relationship with trusted vendors, our tailored approach ensured that every sermon, song, and sacred moment resonated beautifully, both visually and audibly. Below are some of the key systems and vendors instrumental in this transformation.
The Project Components & Vendors:
- Sound Enhancement: Leveraged the L-Acoustics A10 PA system complemented by the Avantis Sound Console.
- Wireless Capabilities: Integrated Shure Wireless Microphone and IEM Systems for seamless audio.
- Dynamic Lighting: Partnered with Chauvet Professional for both Front and Back Lighting solutions along with specialized Effect Lighting.
- Visual Aids: Installed state-of-the-art Barco Projectors and Da-Lite Screens with appropriate Rigging for Lighting.
- Camera Setup: Incorporated PTZ Cameras to capture every angle.
- Video Integration: Utilized a BMD Video Switching System.
- Ambience Control: Prioritized Acoustic Treatment to ensure sound perfection.
- Lobby Experience: Installed a QSC 70v Lobby Speaker System for continuity of sound.
- Lighting Management: Used a dedicated Chroma-Q Lighting Console alongside a House Lighting Control System for precise lighting effects.
Entrusting the best in the industry, our solution not only met but exceeded the expectations, creating an unparalleled worship atmosphere for UBC.
The new AVL system has allowed UBC to improve the quality of their audio and video broadcasts, and to reach more people with their message.
UBC began meeting in their fully functional worship center in April of 2023. Ambient Productions was involved in the project from the fall of ‘22 until the project was completed. Ambient continues to stay connected with UBC in order to provide routine system maintenance and further training on their systems.
About University Baptist Church
University Baptist Church (UBC) is a multigenerational church with a mission to help people become wholehearted followers of Jesus Christ who know Him and make Him known. UBC has two locations in Beavercreek, Ohio, and offers a variety of ministries for people of all ages, including children’s ministry, student ministry, growth groups, missions and mercy ministries, and adult classes.
UBC quick notes:
- UBC was founded in 1954 by a group of college students.
- The church has grown to over 1,000 members.
- UBC has a strong commitment to education and offers a variety of classes and workshops for adults and children.
- The church is involved in a number of community outreach ministries, including a food pantry, a homeless shelter, and a tutoring program.
- UBC is a member of the American Baptist Churches USA.